What is Hydraulic Press?
A hydraulic press is a kind of mechanical machine that uses liquid to transfer energy to shape, deform the various types of metals. It works on Pascal’s principle. The machine is mainly used for uplifting the Application of smaller forces. Pascal’s principle states that the intensity of pressure in a static fluid is transmitted equally in all directions.
Basically, the Hydraulic press contains three parts: The mainframe, power system, and hydraulic control system. In this, the pressure in a liquid is applied by a pump that works like a pump and creates mechanical force.
Generally, multiple small rams are used rather than using one large ram because it is easy to control the thrust forces as compared to large sizes. The number of rams depends upon the working load. The hydraulic pressure of fluid drives the ram. Pump and hydraulic accumulator are used to supply the high-pressure liquid. The Hydraulic accumulator works as a junction point between the pump and the rams. When the press is in the stationary position, a hydraulic accumulator stores the high-pressure liquid. When strong thrust is necessary for operation, a hydraulic press is used.
Let’s see the hydraulic press working with the help of this image:
Safety rules :
- Those who don’t know about operating the Hydraulic machines can not start the machine without permission.
- When you find some issues during the working of machines like serious oil leakage or loud noise, the vibration then immediately stops the machine and the analyzer should find out the reason and fix the issue.
- Do not use the machine when it exceeds the maximum limit of eccentricity
- In the end, just put the slider to the lowest position
As compared to the manual machine the hydraulic press machine has a lighter weight with a small number of parts used for forming the shapes of sheet metal.
The main advantages of Hydraulic press machines are the following:
- Weight reduction and material conversation
- Reduce the number of Parts at a lower cost of molds
- Low Initial and production cost
- Capacity for High tonnage
- It is safe compared to Mechanical press
- Built-in overload protection
- Less noise
- Generates immense amount of pressure
- Less floor space required for this machine
- A machine having simple design
- Greater adaptability
- The tools used in this machine have a longer lifespan.
- Increase the strength and rigidity
- The Pressure is regulated at a certain level and can not exceed more than that.
- Some hydraulic fluids are flammable.
- More maintenance is required.
- There is a carbon footprint.
- There is a possibility of Hydraulic fluid leakage.
- The operational speed is low.
- They consume high energy
- Aerospace industry
- Metal forming operations and punching
- Thermoplastic Industries
- Automotive parts
- SMC (Sheet Molded Composites)
- Carbon Fiber Molding
- Sheet Molded Composites (SMC)
- Glass Mat Transfer (GMT)
- Deep drawing operations
- Blanking operations
- Molding operations
- Forging operations
- Clinching operations
At Rajesh Group what we provide is quality. We provide a Hydraulic workshop press, C frame hydraulic frame, Four pillar hydraulic press, and also provides CNC press brake, Power press, shearing machine, and the hydraulic punching machine.